Sunday, January 2, 2011

Love is in the Air


On December 1st I took a young man and his girl friend for a ride in my airplane. It was a nice clear evening and the sun had already set as we took off from Spanish Fork airport. We flew north up Utah valley and flew over and around the Timpanogos temple. Then we flew back towards Spanish Fork. When we were over south Provo, I made a circle over a warehouse. There were some lights on the roof that seemed to spell something. As we got closer, we could see clearly the words "Marry Me?" written in Christmas lights on the top of the warehouse. The young lady looked at them and started screaming, "Oh my gosh, yes, yes, oh my gosh" (kiss, kiss) The young man worked at this warehouse and got permission from his boss to put these Christmas lights on the roof as a unique way of proposing to his girlfriend. He conveniently had a ring in his pocket that he slipped on her finger when she said yes. "How did I meet this young man, you ask?" I saw his ad on KSL.com looking for an airplane ride. Isn't the internet just grand?

1 comment:

BonnieG said...

Ahhh, that is so precious. How neat to be the pilot for someone's proposal. It's a good thing she said yes.